- Dewsign launch new website for Heartlands Cornwall
- Find out who is tracking your web browsing
- What motivates us?
- Mango the surfing dog of Newquay
- George plays with Cambodian Space Project in Radio 3 Session
- Sungha Jung plays 'Come Together'
- Cunning Online Tracking Service That Can't Be Dodged
- Homeplus Subway Virtual Store
- Typeface for dyslectics
- Digital Universe Atlas
- 3D Printers
- Where do good ideas come from?
- Eel Pie Island Canoe Trip
- Port Eliot Estate Website
- Authentics eCommerce Website
George plays with Cambodian Space Project in Radio 3 Session
Posted on: 13/10/2011
Dewsign project manager George-Savva Georgiou has an alter ego as a fine bass player. Catch him playing with the Cambodian Space Project in Session on BBC Radio 3 - Friday 14th October 2011, from 11pm.
The Cambodian Space Project formed back in 2009 when Julien Poulson, an Australian musician and film producer, was in Phnom Penh looking for Cambodian musicians to work with. He stumbled across lead vocalist Srey Thy singing in a karaoke bar and was instantly taken with her. A couple of months later she was part of a band and The Cambodian Space Project was born.
They needed some help on bass for their first UK tour during September, and found George through a mutual friend.
"It was an a honour to be asked to play with CSP for this tour, Srey Thy's soaring voice and distinctively non-Western melodies are beautiful and when they're underpinned with this psychadelic-rock soundtrack, it's intriguing and joyful. We had lots of fun, with playing at End Of The Road / Larmer Tree Festival in particular as a highlight for me, along with (of course!) a trip to BBC Broadcasting House for this Radio 3 session with Lopa Kothari and her team. They really looked after us and it made for a really lovely morning." George
Learn more here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015nj15